Sunday, May 15, 2011

What To Do?

Dear friends,

     Times they are a changin'!  Yes, everything is always changing, yet the many of the changes at this time are not gradual, predictable, desirable.  Yes, some of us are making new levels of commitment to sustainability, to love, to connection, to service... yet the overall picture is one of continuing destruction, chaos, dissolution.
     I have to admit I was waiting for this.  I didn't know how it was going to happen, but I could feel it coming, feel the pressure building, like before a storm.  And now, it seems to me, the storm has arrived.  We are in the darkness and disruption of forces bigger than us, which have gained a certain momentum, and are going to play out for an undetermined amount of time.
     I don't want to be "negative," I don't want to focus on the fearful stuff, the reality we don't want to create...  but it is here, created, happening, and I cannot just "create my own reality" and put my head in the sand of spiritual materialism.  I have to at least shine the light of consciousness on the inner reality.  Who doesn't silently hope it doesn't effect "me and the people I am closest to" too much, meanwhile keeping a brave and cheerful mask on as we go about our usual business?
     Yes, we are limitless, we are co-creators, we are divine love and light.  And we are also human, interdependent and interconnected, limited by whatever we are limited by on this plane of existence.
     Denial.  I am trying to learn to live with the incredible amount of denial I am seeing all around me.  I am trying to come completely out of denial.  And to redirect my fear and frustration into Love, into Love because there is really nothing else left to do.  There is no security in anything else.  There never was anything else but Love to count on, but there was a pretty believable illusion that there was.  But that illusion is crumbling.  In our lifetimes it will be gone.  Thank God!
     And so, if we want to keep our heads on straight and make the most beautiful response possible, we must put all of our eggs into the basket of Love, and give them out freely as we take one step at a time along the path into the emptiness of the unknown.  There will always be more eggs in that basket.
     We do not need to pretend we know what is happening, or what to to, because, although we can make some educated guesses and maybe even have some prophetic dream-visions, we are in the dark, we can't see, and we don't know.  There is only one thread left.  Love.  Hold on tight.

With Love,
Christy Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment