Tuesday, April 19, 2011

March 9th Community Vision Circle

     Thank you all who attended and also those who tried and didn't make it.  My deepest apologies to Renata, and anyone else, who went to Mackenzie Park and didn't realize that the rain location was at my house.  Since the rain was looming heavily in the grey sky, and the forecasts were predicting storms, I opted for my house and hoped anyone who needed confirmation and directions would contact me, per my instructions on the email.  I can see that it was too confusing and will need to organize this better.

     Part of the confusion arises because I want to have the circle outdoors in nature, and yet we are in springtime in Puna, where it rains almost daily, a little bit or a lot, throughout the day.  The idea of the Circle is to make connections we normally don't attribute much importance to, including our ability to feel our interwoven existence with all of life and respond from that place.  Perhaps a house nestled in, or nearby, a protected place in nature, a sanctuary with a bit of wilderness for wandering in,  would be the best location.  I will be checking in on this, and am open to suggestions.

     The second circle was a sweet gathering, in which I noticed a lot of the focus turning towards the issues around energy, sustainability and integrity.   These are potent subjects at this time and I am happy to be a part of exploring the situation we find ourselves experiencing as individuals and as a whole.  I am hopeful as we continue visioning that we humans learn to cooperate and co-create new ways of living that are honoring of the earth and all of life.  Our prayers and visions, and the commitments that spring from them, do matter.

     We can choose to open ourselves, open our hearts, to the love we are gifted with, and share it in whatever ways we are inspired.  In the words of Medicine For the People, from the song Manifesto,  to"Find your medicine and use it."  Many of us have been seeking: healing, love, care, connection, enlightenment... and I can see more than ever that we are all of these qualities, they exist within us as seeds, and we can allow ourselves to live and blossom as that.  To do this we may need to muster the courage to honor our deepest longings and make the choices to express them in our moment to moment actions.  We need the support of the nature spirits, and of our own higher selves, and we can make it a habit to connect and communicate with those sources of wisdom continuously!
  
The next vision circle will be in May.   I will post the time and place when I know it!

With Love,
Christy Mountain

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping the light shining Christy. There will undoubtedly be some bumps in the road as we fine tune our collective visions. I'm happy to learn that some of the focus turned towards energy and sustainability. we have a proposed bio fuel processing plant on the table here in Ka`u and people here want more solid information about the impacts on our community.
    As for me personally, I've found there to be a healthy foundation of information about separating hydrogen from water on the YouTube site. some folks are actually making small generators and adding them to their vehicles to supplement their fuel. Very cool stuff.
    Until next time, a hui hou,
    Thomas
    929-7630

    ReplyDelete